The Griffin Gallery is a beautiful new exhibition space on the ground floor of the contemporary Studio Building in West London. The gallery comprises 60 metres of white wall space with an adjoining Tea Room, which we use for events, seminars and private views.
Our aim is to support the artistic community of London, creating a space for discussion about contemporary art and showcasing the very best of national and international talent. The gallery exhibition programme offers a platform for emerging as well as established artists, and we offer the use of our facilities for workshops, seminars and artist talks to create a dialogue around the artwork on display.
In addition, the Griffin Gallery hosts a series of workshops and seminars for artists and promotes an environment of creativity and learning. Within the Studio Building and above the Griffin Gallery are two fully equipped artists’ studios available for short and longer term residencies, and adjoining the studios is the Innovation and Development Laboratory where new artists’ materials are developed.
The Griffin Gallery plays host to the annual Griffin Art Prize, with the selected artist benefiting from a long term residency, all materials and a solo show – see Griffin Art Prize page for more information.
STATEMENT OF AIMS
- To establish the Griffin Gallery as a recognised contemporary exhibition space in London and beyond
- To establish a dialogue about contemporary use of materials, with a particular focus on colour and pigment, that continues beyond the walls of the Gallery through a strong web presence.
- To explore craftsmanship in contemporary fine art practice, and what that means in the context of today’s art scene in the UK and beyond
- To host the annual Griffin Art Prize, with the selected artist benefiting from a studio residency, all materials and a solo show
- To connect with our international subsidiaries, creating a central touch-point for discussion and exploration of contemporary art practice around the world
- To consider all unsolicited proposals at a Griffin Gallery Steering Group meeting, to be convened four times a year
- To support both emerging artists (i.e. those who are within the first few years of the journey to becoming a professional artist), and those at a pivotal point in their career development
- To collaborate with organisations and institutions that have similar or complimentary objectives to the Griffin Gallery
Click here for a plan of the Griffin Gallery space.