Our press is handled by MIDAS.
Please sign up to our mailing list to receive occasional updates from Griffin Gallery - click here
ERROR TYPE: OAuthAccessTokenException
ERROR MESSAGE: The access_token provided is invalid.
Wed 25 Sep 2013
New Work from Japan Press Release
- Private View: Wednesday 2nd October, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
- Work by the winner of the Liquitex Art Prize Grand Prix 2012 - Ayano Honda
- Semi-Grand Prix winners: Tessan Watabe and Makiko Satake also exhibiting
- International collaboration by London’s Griffin Gallery and Tokyo’s Trinity Gallery
- Exhibition open: Thursday 3rd to Friday 11th October
In collaboration with the Trinity Gallery in Tokyo, the work of the winners of the coveted Liquitex Art Prize 2012 will be displayed in the Griffin Gallery for one week only.
The work from these three young emerging Japanese artists is a refreshing and risk-taking outlook on Japanese art. Pushing the limit between the genuine and imitation, Ayano Honda has been producing engaging and immersive installations that will be on show from 3 – 11 October. She is available for interviews to the Japanese press.
The other artists include Tessan Watabe, whose work represents the unreal, creating colourful paintings of his dreams and Makiko Satake who explores the hidden and the visible through sculptural and delicate objects, pushing acrylic paint to the limits through vivid colour patterns and abstract Japanese landscapes.Share